CSM from the Trenches – 4 Ways to Participate in the Community
March 13, 2018
Since CSM from the Trenches launched as a community, many Customer Success Managers have been eager to join, contribute, or participate. Here are four ways to get involved:
1. Answer mentor questions: Submit your answers to the 7 mentor questions. Share your practical advice and better practices with the frontline CSM community.
Example – Sam Feil, ClientSuccess
2. Write a best practice blog post: Have a frontline CSM best practice you’d like to share? I want to hear from you! This is a great way to share your unique perspective and thought-leadership.
- Identify a best practice or innovation
- Write your blog post explaining the best practice or innovation (can be as short or as long as you’d like)
- Send post and contact information to email@example.com
- We’ll review and get it scheduled (we’re looking for weekly posts)
3. Give a CSM or CS team shout-out: Do you know a CSM who goes above and beyond the call of duty? Have a team member you’d like to give a special shout-out? This is what CSM from the Trenches is all about – celebrating the frontline CSM.
- Put together a quick shout-out for your frontline CSM
- How and why this individual is delivering customer success from the the frontline
- Send shout-out and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ll review and get it scheduled (again, we’re looking for weekly posts)
Example – SoapBox Team Shout-Out
4. Join the CSM from the Trenches LinkedIn group: Share articles, trends, and best practices you come across with other like-minded professionals. Join in conversation to help each other become better CSMs.
LinkedIn Group – Join Here
New posts each Tuesday and Thursday.
Also worth reading
Client experience, otherwise known as CX, is something you will hear often as you determine how to design and implement your product solutions for your clients. A positive client experience is crucial for long-term (and even short-term) success. In simple terms, the client experience is the interaction a person has with an organization and/or their [...]
How Customer Success Managers Can Organize Their Accounts to More Accurately Understand Account Behavior
Welcome to our blog series CSM from the Trenches, a community for frontline Customer Success Managers (CSMs) that discusses trends, best practices, and advice for the frontline. Being on the CSM frontline allows us to directly influence the success of our clients. I love that; as our clients are successful, we’re successful. Each day we [...]
Many customer success conferences take place annually around the world. These conferences offer wonderful opportunities for connecting with individuals in the industry and deepening your professional connections. With many influencers and industry experts in a single place, they can offer the perfect time to pick the brains of those you look to for inspiration in [...]