ClientSuccess is looking for a game-changing customer success leader to join our leadership team. We’re a team of customer-obsessed, optimistic & just flat out awesome humans with GRIT. We have an intense hunger to win and we “lead out” in all that we do. If that sounds like the team you want to work with, this opportunity is for you.ClientSuccess is revolutionizing the way SaaS companies manage, retain, and grow their existing customer base. We empower B2B SaaS companies to proactively manage post-sales customer relationships, measure customer health, maximize revenue retention and growth, and drive a culture of customer success.
As a leading customer success solution partner, our customer success team strives to “practice what we preach” in every sense of the word. We’re looking for a confident customer success leader who will set a standard for customer success excellence that others will wish to emulate. Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll be a key member of our executive leadership team with the charge to “lead out” in driving a culture of customer success throughout our company.
You’ll be empowered to drive the strategy, execution, evolution, and results for the post-sales team, including customer success and support. As the owner of the customer journey, we look to you to define and execute an extraordinary experience for our customers – from “new to renew” – including onboarding, adoption, value realization, retention, and expansion. You will also own the quota for renewal and expansion. Ultimately, we’re looking for you to drive world-class customer success, retention, and growth.
- Build and scale a world-class customer success team that sets the standard for customer success within our company and in the industry.
- Together with your team, own the primary relationships with our customers in keeping with our core mission statement – “Building Relationships that Last”.
- Establish a team identity and culture to centers around a standard of excellence, high performance, respect, diversity, and unity across the team.
- Demonstrate extreme ownership combined with constructive collaboration with their internal, cross-functional team members to drive alignment and execution for our customers.
- Implement an individual and team development strategy, including coaching, training, mentoring, career development, and performance management. We want our CSMs to go on to be future leaders in the customer success space.
- Develop the operational processes, strategies, measurement, and plans to deliver strong results – for our customers and our company.
- Define and own the entire post-sales experience – from “new-to-renew” – ensuring that our customers have an extraordinary experience.
- Own and manage quota responsibilities for customer retention and growth/expansion, including developing/nurturing the required commercial skills across your team.
- Be a key partner and strategist with our product team to ensure our product strategy is delivering to the current and future needs of our customers.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop the best customer success thought leadership content in the industry. This could involve partnering on customer success webinars, blogs, and other industry content.
- Be a strong evangelist of our ClientSuccess solutions by using them every day in your leadership role.
- Represent our customers and our customer success team on the Executive team and to the Board, including owning all KPIs, quotas, goals, key objectives, and results.
- 3+ years experience as a Vice President of Customer Success for a B2B SaaS company (or equivalent experience)
- Passion for developing deep customer relationships at all levels built on trust, authenticity, empathy, and results.
- Ability to successfully navigate difficult conversations with customers with empathy and proper expectations, balancing the best interests of both the customers and the company.
- Proven track record of owning accountability and delivering exceptional results for high customer retention and growth, including success attainment of assigned quotas.
- Strong leadership skills that demonstrate your ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Excellent ability to inspire, coach, and develop team members to reach their maximum potential.
- Experience and confidence in engaging with customer executives and other key stakeholders, including investors, Board of Directors, partners, etc.
- Inherent ability to thrive at an early stage startup – not afraid to wear many hats, get your hands dirty, create process, maximize output with limited resources, comfortable with ambiguity, and creative problem solving.
- Excellent operations and execution skills – you flat out get things done.
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products and constructively engage with product leadership to help shape the product roadmap.
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Deep understanding of value drivers in SaaS recurring revenue business models.
- Analytical, data-driven, self-starter, strategic thinking, detailed oriented, and resourceful.
- Personality aligned to our key values of customer-obsessed, optimistic, awesome human, GRIT, hunger to win, and “lead out”.
Please submit the form below to apply. For additional questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.