Senior Software Engineer – Analytics & Insights
About the Role
ClientSuccess is a growing, hands-on organization. Because we are still small, it allows for our engineers to take on multiple roles and challenges and not be constrained by title. We succeed as a team and your contributions will have a big impact on the final product.
We are looking for engineers that can leverage their deep technical experience to help design and build ClientSuccess’s software systems. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and problem-solving skills to help architect and scale our cloud-based systems. As part of our organization, you will tackle various engineering challenges using cutting edge technology and you will have the opportunity to work with engineers from multiple disciplines and backgrounds.
- Own the building of reporting and analytics features within the ClientSuccess platform
- Build and maintain our platform in a way that is scalable, extensible, and efficient in usage of system resources (memory, disk, I/O, etc)
- Collaborate with product management and customers to deliver projects with measurable results
- Mentor others within your team and the organization
- Build systems and services that have an immediate impact on our customers
Experience and Skills
- 3-5+ years professional software engineering experience with an emphasis on reporting and analytics
- BS in Computer Science or similar
- Ability to write clean and easily maintained code
- Technical design skills with an emphasis on distributed and/or cloud-based scaling
- Understanding of both client-side and server-side paradigms
- Experience dealing with large transactional and analytical data sets
- Experience with Java, Clojure, or other JVM based technologies
- Experience with SQL, database modeling, and ORMs with emphasis on reporting and aggregation
- Experience with ETL workflows and tools
- Experience dealing with resource contention and scalability issues in multi-threaded web applications
- Experience dealing with performance diagnostics and tuning with MYSQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-moving dynamic environment
- Experience with OLAP and analytics based modeling
- Experience with Apache Spark or other stream/data processing technologies
- Experience with Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, or other related technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, specifically RDS
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment
ClientSuccess is customer success management software that helps companies build relationships that last™. Revolutionizing the way SaaS companies manage, retain, and grow their existing customer base, ClientSuccess provides customer success leaders actionable insights, rich customer analytics, and best practices to proactively manage success throughout the customer lifecycle. ClientSuccess helps SaaS companies increase renewal and expansion revenue, reduce churn, and maximize the lifetime value of the customer.
Contact us at email@example.com to apply.