Jason Lemkin: World’s Greatest Advocate for Customer Success
SaaStr Annual kicks off today. If you work for a SaaS company or use SaaS products across your organization, then you’ve probably heard of SaaStr, or at least you know many of the companies attending and sponsoring. In fact, it’s the biggest SaaS event of the year, and today 10,000 SaaS experts from around the globe will gather in San Francisco for several days of learning and sharing, .
Those attending SaaStr as well as many other leaders across the industry have come to know and respect Jason Lemkin as one of the top SaaS leaders today. From co-founding EchoSign to serving in an executive role at Adobe to investing in SaaS companies to founding SaaStr, he’s no stranger to the world of the subscription economy. And as for the ClientSuccess team, you might just say Jason Lemkin is our homeboy.
Why Is Jason Lemkin Our Homeboy?
Jason is a true champion of customer success. In fact, he’s perhaps the most vocal advocate in the entire SaaS community about the topic. Jason believes that customer success is the secret sauce in SaaS, and as you can tell from our company name, we live and breath the success of customers—especially in the B2B space.
If you are an executive or a customer success leader in any business where recurring revenue is a major component of your business, listen to what Jason has to say. Here is a sampling of some of Jason’s one-liners on the topic of customer success:
- “Client Success is actually your secret sauce to success”
- “Client Success manages as much as 75% of the revenue of a typical SaaS company”
- “The most important 2 things I think you can do with Client Success is (x) hire early, and (y) measure constantly.”
- “Your Customer Success Team. Hire Early. And No Squishy Goals — It’s All About the Numbers.”
- “First, measure Client Success on renewal rates….Second, measure Client Success on “net churn”, or total revenue from the customers under management by Client Success.”
- “Hire your first [CSM] as soon as you can.”
- Customer Success owns the customer from point of inception (sometimes pre-close), all the way through the entire life and lifecycle of the customer
- “Second Order Revenue (i.e., the revenue ultimately generated or supported by Customer Success) is the key to growing a SaaS business”
- All the Second Timers [Second time successful SaaS founders] are hiring in customer success way early, ahead of sales, ahead of revenue.
Is Your Organization Investing in Customer Success?
Our team is exceptionally passionate about customer success, retention, and growth, and we’re building the world’s best SaaS platform that enables recurring revenue businesses to reach their customer success related goals. The ClientSuccess platform is designed to help CSMs know which customers to work with, when to work with them, and what to do to drive adoption of your SaaS products. It also helps you develop strong relationships with your team and brand.
For those who are customer success leaders and executives, we pose this question: What greater priority could you have than empowering your CSMs—the representatives that work so hard for your customers—with the right information to make them better at retaining customers?
Visit ClientSuccess at SaaStr Annual
Come visit us at our booth at SaaStr Annual. Come talk with one of our awesome, Customer Success Strategists, who will be wearing bright blue “Jason Lemkin is our homeboy” shirts. You won’t be able to miss us!
Our Customer Success Strategists will be sharing ideas about how to use technology to:
- Validate the investment you have made in customer success
- Build a proactive plan for success and ensure that your team sticks to that plan
- Scale a customer success team
- Aggregate customer information into one, purpose-built system of record
- Determine which customers to help and when
Our customer success platform will help your team drive real, measurable results in retention and growth. You won’t find anything “squishy” here.
How Will Your SaaS Organization Prioritize Customer Success?
The health of a SaaS business is directly tied to its ability to retain its customers and prevent churn. That means making sure CSMs and customers alike are set up to be successful. Make sure that customer success is an integral part of your organization’s strategy.
Learn more about how ClientSuccess can help your company develop a strong customer success methodology and strategy with easy-to-use customer success software by requesting a 30-minute demo.
New posts each Tuesday and Thursday.
Also worth reading
In the world of SaaS products, fine-tuning is a near constant endeavor. Every product goes through the process of checks and balances, and sometimes there are more downs than ups. Just because you have a ‘failing’ product doesn’t mean it’s time to pack up shop. Instead, this could be the perfect opportunity to revamp and [...]
Welcome to our blog series CSM from the Trenches, a community for frontline Customer Success Managers (CSMs) that discusses trends, best practices, and advice for the frontline. Being on the CSM frontline allows us to directly influence the success of our clients. I love that; as our clients are successful, we’re successful. Each day we [...]
In the world of sales, Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) are incredibly popular for forecasting, planning, and making sure that everything is running smoothly from an operations perspective. In customer success, however, QBRs aren’t quite as prevalent, although more and more existing business teams are starting to leverage this strategic format. QBRs are a great way [...]